You'll be pleased to hear; the Squarespace pricing structure is pretty simple.
Squarespace Pricing Plans
There are four Squarespace pricing plans to choose from.
Here's a breakdown of the pricing for each Squarespace plan:
- The Personal plan: $12/month – This is designed for individuals wanting to create and launch a professional-looking website.
- The Business plan: $18/month – This furnishes you with a professional email address and a suite of basic tools for online selling.
- The Basic Commerce plan: $26/month – An ideal option for newbie ecommerce merchants.
- The Advanced Commerce plan: – $40/month – Provides all the tools you need to start and grow your ecommerce business.
But, despite Squarespace's four relatively straightforward options, it can still be tricky to choose the best plan for your business.
Not to mention, if you're new to the online marketing game, you might be wondering whether any of Squarespace's pricing plans provide good value for money. Rest assured, they do.
If you can relate to the above dilemmas, you're in luck. We've done some digging to reveal everything you need to know about the Squarespace pricing plans.
So, without further ado, let's dive in!
Squarespace Pricing: Table of Contents
- Squarespace Pricing: A Brief Overview
- How Much Does Squarespace Cost?
- Squarespace Website Pricing
- Squarespace Ecommerce Pricing
- Squarespace Pricing: Monthly vs Annual Plans
- Squarespace Pricing Plans: The Frequently Asked Questions
- Squarespace Pricing: Additional Costs
- Squarespace Pricing Compared to Its Competitors
Squarespace Pricing: A Brief Overview
Squarespace’s paid-for plans start at just $12 a month and range up to $40 per month (paid annually). The two cheaper packages are most suited for designing and launching a website, whereas Squarespace's more expensive programs are best for online selling.
Of course, the more you spend, the more features you'll unlock (many of which are pretty sophisticated).
But, before delving into the nitty-gritty details of Squarespace's pricing plans, it's worth noting that all of their packages start with a 14-day free trial. So, never fear, there's plenty of time to ‘try before you buy' to double-check whether the plan's right for you.
How Much Does Squarespace Cost?
Squarespace Website Pricing
The Personal Plan
This is Squarespace‘s cheapest plan at $12 per month (when you pay annually), which is $48 less expensive than the monthly billing after the first year.
As you may have guessed from the name of this package, this plan is explicitly designed for personal websites. You can’t sell anything from this site, but you'll get access to the same editor, beautiful templates, SSL security, and 24/7 support that comes with the other Squarespace pricing plans.
So, if all you want is to build a simple yet stylish website, this package provides all the fundamentals you need to achieve that goal.
Whhat do you get with the Squarepace Personal plan?
- A free domain name (for 1 year)
- SSL Security
- Unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited products
- SEO features
- Templates suitable for every kind of info page (from blogs to portfolios Squarespace covers it all)
- Two contributors
- Mobile-optimized web pages
- 24/7 customer support
- Basic website metrics
- Access to Squarespace extensions
The Business Plan
This is Squarespace's most popular pricing plan and will set you back $18 a month (when you opt for annual billing), which is a saving of $96 when compared to their monthly contract.
This plan enables you to sell online. It's most suitable for new or smaller businesses that only have a few products to market. Or, if you're new to the marketing game and not planning on making very many sales (at least to begin with) – this is the plan for you, as it comes with a basic ecommerce functionality.
Unfortunately, there's a 3% transaction charge on every sale you make, so it's not the most cost-effective option for entrepreneurs handling vast volumes of sales.
The best thing about the Business' plan is that you can accept donations and sell an unlimited number of products. All in all, the features are pretty nifty. Plus, you even have the option of selling via a website you already have up and running.
Whhat do you get with the Squarepace Business plan?
This package entitles you to everything in the ‘Personal' plan, plus:
- All Personal features
- An unlimited number of website contributors
- A professional Google email address
- Access to premium integrations and blocks
- Advanced website analytics
- $100 worth of Google Adwords credits
- Promotional pop-ups and banners
- A fully integrated ecommerce store
- 3% transaction fees
- You can sell a limitless number of products
- You can accept donations
Squarespace Ecommerce Pricing
The Basic Commerce Plan
The Basic Commerce plan costs $26 per month (when you pay yearly), which is a saving of $48 in comparison to the monthly contract. If you're hoping to set up and run a fully-fledged (albeit simple) ecommerce website, the Basic Commerce online store plan is ideal.
You’ll get access to more sophisticated features for online selling, including things like mobile-optimized checkouts, integrated accounting, and customer accounts. These are just some of the key selling points associated with this plan.
This Squarespace pricing plan is explicitly designed to help get your online business off the ground, so if you're a newbie ecommerce store owner who's taking their venture seriously, this might be the plan for you.
Whhat do you get with the Squarespace Basic Commerce plan?
You'll get everything in the previous two packages, as well as:
- Zero transactions fees
- Point of sale tools
- Customer accounts
- An online checkout from your domain
- Powerful ecommerce analytics
- Robust merchandising tools
- Products on Instagram (by this we mean, you can sync your products with your Facebook product catalog. This permits you to tag products in your Instagram posts, so your audience knows where they can buy them!)
The Advanced Commerce Plan
The Andvanced Commerce plan is Squarespace's most expensive package, for which you'll have to shell out $40 a month (when you purchase their annual subscription), which saves you $72 on the month-to-month payment plan.
The focus of this Squarespace package is to increase your sales. This is why we see a boost in features that promote your brand and better engage with customers. So, needless to say, the Advanced Commerce plan is best for anyone who wants to scale and expand their online store.
For instance, you get access to an abandoned cart recovery feature, gift cards, and the ability to set flexible discounts. When you team these more sophisticated hallmarks with the advanced shipping tools (like ShipStation or Xero), it's safe to say that this is undoubtedly Squarespace’s most comprehensive package.
Whhat do you get with the Squarepace Advanced Commerce plan?
Again, you get all the features we've already listed, as well as:
- Abandoned cart recovery tools (this enables you to send automatic emails to customers who click off their checkout page with products still in their carts. The aim is to connect with them, and prompt the shopper to return and complete the purchase)
- You can create gift cards (these are great for rewarding loyal customers and attracting new ones).
- You can sell subscriptions
- Access to advanced shipping features (these calculate your customer's shipping rates in real-time)
- Superior discounts (by this we mean, Squarespace will automatically provide customers with the discount (you've programmed) at their checkout once they qualify. Similarly, Squarespace also ensures any rules on the discount's limited use are abided by)
- Access to commerce APIs
- Limited availability labels
Squarespace Pricing: Monthly Plans vs Annual Plans
|Squarespace Pricing Plan||Monthly Pricing||Annual Pricing|
- Squarespace review – Learn everything you need to know about creating a Squarespace website by reading this comprehensive Squarespace review. We even have a video if you're in a hurry.
- Best Ecommerce Platforms – If you are looking for the best ecommerce platform, here are our top recommendations.
- Best Ecommerce Website Builders – The Best tools to help you build an Ecommerce website reviewed and compared
- Best Free Ecommerce Website Builders – Are you after the best free ecommerce website builder? If so, you need to check out this article.
- The Best Free Website Builder to Use – A comprehensive review of the best free website builders.
- Best POS (Point of Sale) Systems for Small Businesses – A Detailed analysis of the best POS solutions
- Shopify Pricing – Which Shopify Plan is Best for You?
Squarespace Pricing Plans: Frequently Asked Questions
How Long are Squarespace's Contracts?
As we've already said, Squarespace plans are paid monthly or yearly. So it's up to you how long your contract is. If you want to stop your contract at any time, email Squarespace to kickstart the process or cancel your subscription from inside your site manager. Squarespace operates a no-questions-asked cancelation policy, so rest assured, you won't have to arm-wrestle Squarespace to leave.
Do You Need to Purchase Web Hosting?
The answer: No.
All Squarespace packages come with fully-managed cloud hosting.
Is Squarespace Downloadable?
In short, no.
Squarespace is a fully-managed web service, and the Squarespace team doesn't have any plans to develop or offer a downloadable version. But, Squarespace does offer a few ways you can export your data.
How Can You Accept Payments with Squarespace?
Squarespace integrates with Stripe, which accepts all major credit cards. All funds are then directly sent to your bank account. If you head over to Squarespace's checkout options, you can also enable customers to pay via Apple Pay and PayPal.
If you've purchased one of Squarespace's ‘Commerce' plans, there aren't any transaction fees. But as we've already said, there's a transaction payment of 3% for every sale you make while you're on the ‘Business' plan.
If you're using Stripe and/or PayPal to process your customer payments, contact them directly to find out their processing rates for your country.
Check out this video to learn more about how Squarespace POS works:
Squarespace Pricing: Can Your Switch Between Squarespace Plans?
Yes, at any time. It's pretty straightforward; you can switch plans within your website manager. Depending on whether you're upgrading or downgrading your package, you'll either receive a pro-rated charge or refund. Of course, this hinges on the cost of your newly selected program.
What Does Squarespace Mean by Unlimited?
Squarespace doesn't put a limit on their resources for regular usage. But, if you want to read the fine print of their ‘Acceptable Use Policy,' you can find it on Squarespace's website.
Which Currencies and Countries Do Squarespace Support?
If you've opted for any of Squarespace's Commerce plans, you can charge customers using the following currencies: USD, AUD,CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, ILS, MXN, MYR, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB.
You'll also want to contact Stripe or PayPal to see whether these payment gateways support your country.
Squarespace Pricing: Additional Costs
Before you read this subtitle and assume Squarespace will hit you with surprise charges, never fear – that isn't the case.
However, there are a couple of things you might want to shell out for to help make the most out of Squarespace's platform. Most notably, an email marketing solution and a custom domain name.
Squarespace Email Marketing
If you've read any of the popular business or marketing blogs, you'll know that email marketing is a powerful way of engaging with your audience, attracting new prospects, and strengthening your brand – and Squarespace understands that.
That's why as part of their ‘Business' pricing plan, they provide you with a professional Gmail and G Suite for free (for one year), which includes access to Google Calendar, Docs, Drive, etc.
In addition to all that, Squarespace also has an all-in-one email marketing platform, ‘Squarespace Email Campaigns.' This solution provides everything you need to write and send custom emails straight from your site. This guarantees that your email marketing integrates smoothly with your branding. Handy, right?
A Free Domain Name
Your own domain name is essential. If you've read a few of our previous blog posts, you'll have heard us say this before. But for those who aren't in the know, your domain name is your website’s address. Just like a phone number, every domain name is unique – it's what allows both your customers and the internet to recognize your site.
But why is having a custom domain so important?
In short, your own URL generates a trustworthy and memorable image, because let's face it, the Squarespace subdomain: www.[yoursite].squarespace.com, doesn't look very professional!
So, how do you get your own custom domain?
Squarespace makes it easy for you to purchase a domain through them. You can buy several if you like and integrate them with your Squarespace account – all from the convenience of your website manager. Just head to your ‘Settings' and click ‘Domains,' and from there, you can search for the availability of your desired URL.
Squarespace Pricing Compared to Its Competitors
So as we've seen, Squarespace‘s pricing ranges from $12 to $40 a month based on annual billing, so how does this compare to some of its competitors:
- Shopify: $29 — $299 per month.
- Weebly: $0 — $25 per month.
- BigCommerce: $29 — $299 per month.
- WordPress: $0 — $45 per month.
- Wix: $0 — $24.50 per month.
Check out our Shopify vs Squarespace review and Squarespace alternatives guide for more info!
So, as you can see, Squarespace isn't the cheapest on the market, but they're certainly not the most expensive. As with any investment in your business, do your research to see which solution best meets your needs.
To help kickstart your research here's a quick breakdown of what each of these platforms is best known for:
- Shopify: The best ecommerce store builder
- Weebly: Weebly is best for building a website or e-commerce store using HTML/CSS-based customization
- BigCommerce: Great for medium to large businesses
- WordPress: This is perfect if you have a markup and scripting language know-how and want to monetize your blog.
- Wix: This excels at providing a hassle-free website building experience
Squarespace Pricing Plans: So, How Much is the Squarespace Pricing Going to Be For You?
To quickly sum up, Squarespace is an accessible and high-quality website builder, so if you're new to the web design game, it's a great option. Squarespace does not offer a free plan tough.
Its prices reflect the quality of its customer service and the top-notch features you get access to. In a nutshell, Squarespace provides its users excellent value for money. You’ll receive stunning website templates, an easy-to-use dashboard, and plenty of sophisticated tools – so, we're confident when we say, Squarespace is worth every penny.
So now we’ve explored all of Squarespace's plans, their prices, and what you get with each, you should have a clearer idea of what you'll get for your hard-earned cash. So, you're probably closer to deciding on the plan that best suits you.
But, in our opinion, you're best off with the Personal plan if you just want to start off with a sleek-looking website. If you don't need a professional email address or an online selling functionality, there's no point in shelling out for Squarespace's more expensive plans. But, if you do need any of the features we've just described, the Business website plan is your best choice.
However, if your primary goal is to sell online, then one of Squarespace's ecommerce plans would be ideal. Of course, the Basic plan is perfect for smaller online stores. Whereas the Advanced Ecommerce plan is designed for online store owners who want to grow and scale-up their business.
Either way, we wish you the best of luck with whatever venture you're using Squarespace for!
Have you ever used Squarespace? Or are you considering using it? If so, we would love to hear your thoughts in the comments box below. Similarly, we'd also like to hear if you use a different platform – why's that? In your opinion, what makes it better than Squarespace? We look forward to hearing from you all soon!
Comments 0 Responses